Editor in Chief: Boyd F. Richards, PhD
Professor of Pediatrics on the Lecturer Track in the Division of Pediatric Administration, Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah
Managing Editor: Nancy T. Lombardo, MLS
Librarian, Head of Digital Publishing, Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library, University of Utah
Candace Chow, MD
Director of Education Research, Assistant Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Utah
Kara Dassel, PhD, FAGHE, FGSA, FAHSE
Associate Professor (Clinical), Interim Assistant Dean, Gerontology Interdisciplinary Program, College of Nursing
Timothy W. Farrell, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine and Adjunct Associate Professor of Family Medicine at the School of Medicine, University of Utah, Physician Investigator at the VA Salt Lake City Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center
Angelo Giardino, MPH, MD, PHD, FAAP
Wilma T. Gibson Presidential Professor and Chair of the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Utah’s School of Medicine and Chief Medical Officer at Intermountain Primary Children’s Hospital, Salt Lake City, UT
Sara E Hart, PhD, RN
Associate Professor, Health Systems and Community-based Care, Director of Student and Community Engagement, College of Nursing, University of Utah
Randy Jensen, MD, PhD
Professor, Neurosurgery, Brain Tumors, Skull Base Surgery, Neuro Trauma and Neurocritical Care, School of Medicine, University of Utah
Janet Lindsley, PhD
Professor, Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, University of Utah
Stacy McIntosh, MS, RD, CD
Chair, College of Health Teaching and Learning Excellence Committee, College of Health; Assistant Professor (Lecturer), Nutrition & Integrative Physiology; Adjunct Assistant Professor, College of Nursing; Adjunct Faculty, School of Medicine-Operations
Kathryn B. Moore, PhD
Professor, Neurobiology and Anatomy, School of Medicine, Adjunct Professor, School of Dentistry, University of Utah
Joanne Rolls, MPAS, PA-C, MEHP
Associate Professor (Clinical), Division of Physician Assistant Studies, School of Medicine, University of Utah
Nena Schvaneveldt, MSLIS, AHIP
Assistant Librarian, Education Librarian, Eccles Health Sciences Library, University of Utah
Linda Tyler, PharmD
Chief Pharmacy Officer, College of Pharmacy, University of Utah
Virginia L. Valentin, DrPH, PA-C
Associate Professor and Chief of the Division of Physician Assistant, Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of Utah
Rebecca Wilson, PhD, RN
Director Nursing Education Specialty Track, College Of Nursing; Adjunct Assistant Professor, Family And Preventive Medicine; Associate Professor (Clinical), College Of Nursing; Director Academy of Health Sciences Education, School Of Medicine-Operations
JAHSE Peer Review Checklist
Reviewers, please evaluate the following:
- Significance/Relevance for Health Sciences Education Scholarship and Research
- Is the topic timely and relevant? Why or why not?
- Does the submission make a significant contribution to the field?
- Introduction: Does the introduction clearly present an overview of the paper and indicate the significance?
- Are research questions and major issues introduced?
- Is there a clear need presented?
- Is there a literature review?
- If so, is it well described, current and appropriate?
- Are all relevant methods clearly described?
- Could the methods be reproduced based on the information provided?
- Are the results clearly associated with the data collected?
- Are the results compelling and useful to the discipline?
- Is there a discussion of the impact of the process and lessons learned?
- Are the conclusions logical based on the research question or problem?
- Do the conclusions have implications for the discipline?
- Do the Figures and Tables clearly enhance or support the content of the article?
See also: Ethical guidelines for peer reviewers